Event: World Bloggers and Social Media Summit 2011
Date: 15 and 16 June 2011
Venue: Dewan Tun Dr Ismail, Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur
This event is powered by Celcom, organized by My Event International, supported by Ministry of Informatino, Communcation and Culture, Ministry of Tourism Malaysia, Ministry of Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing, Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau, CyberSecurity Malaysia, sponsored by TrustPort (landyard partner), the Sun (official newspaper), The Leaders (media partner), CHIP (media partner), TimeOut Kuala Lumpur (media partner), myfriends2u (online media partner), MalaysiaKini (online media partner), and last but not least, Adverlets.com (blog advertising partner).
7 topics were being discussed:
1. Managing your investments in Social Media – Ways to Increase your ROI.
2. How to make your blogging Easier and Exciting: Leading Digital Trends & Gadgets.
3. Lifestyle Blog – Imagine If There Is No Facebook or Twitter or Travel & Fashion Blogging?
4. Business Blogs – Social Media as the Most Powerful Online Marketing and Public Relations Tool.
5. The Laws of Social Media – Ethics, Etiquettes and Legality – What did we learn from Wikileaks?
6. Press and the Social Media – Borderless Freedom of Speech, Are We There Yet? 7th Sense!
7. Using Social Media On the Political Campaign Trail: Blogs for the Ballot.
And according the the organizing chairman, the organizing team actually got all bloggers to choose these topics for the conference!
We have very invited speaker for the conference, they are:
1. Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah, Deputy Minister of Higher Education II
2. Terence Fernandez, The Sun Daily Senior Editor
3. Jason Lo, Tune Talk CEO
4. Rajiv Dingra, WATConsult CEO (speaker from India)
7. Iim Fahima Jachja, Virtual Consulting CEO and Online Strategist (speaker from Indonesia)
8. Yoshito Hori, GLOBIS Group Chairman Founder (speaker from Japan)
9. Jason Goh, smashpop.net blogger
10. Danilo A. Arao, Assistant Professor of College of Mass Communication (speaker from Philippines)
11. Andrew Batt, Ensign Media Co. Ltd Publishing Director (speaker from Thailand)
12. Tonyo Cruz, Asian Correspondent.com Blogger & Columnist (speaker from Philippines)
13. Azran Osman-Rani, AirAsia X Sdn Bhd CEO
14. Ahmad Izham Khairuddin, Cybersecurity Head of Outreach Department
15. Rebecca Saw, rebeccasaw.com Blogger
16. Dave Duarte, Huddlemind Labs Managing Director (speaker from South Africa)
17. Daniel Riveong, e-Storm General Manager
18. Ridhuan Sidek, Malaysia Digital Lead Text 100 Global Public Relations
19. Anuj Singh, Director of Blobal Response Centre, Impact
20. Enda Nasution, Saling Silang Managing Director (speaker from Indonesia)
21. Premesh Chandran, Malaysiakini CEO
22. Murray Newlands, Digital Marketing Advisor (speaker from United Kingdom)
23. Brigette Liberty Yu, pillowtalkpromises Blogger
24. James Craven, Hubrid News Ltd. Managing Director (speaker from United Kingdom)
However, only few points I remember from this two-day conference:
1. Bloggers are entrepreneurs.
2. Think why do you create a blog at the first place.
3. I don’t believe ROI in social media.
4. Write to express, not to impress.
5. We are good boy, yes.
Hah, of course, there are elaborations from these sentences. But I can’t remember well and I do not wish to mistranslating the meaning. What I could say is, World Bloggers and Social Media Summit is a good place to gathered bloggers around the world to share their views and opinions. There are so many professional bloggers and blogging is just not as easy as I thought. Thanks to each and every speaker for sharing the information! By the way, I think Jason Lo and Azran Osman-Rani are really COOL! ♥