Ever since I’ve started my capsule wardrobe, I had been looking up for articles and videos about how to choose the ‘perfect‘ pieces for my wardrobe. As far as fashion is concerned, there’s no ‘perfect’ pieces because, well, trend comes and goes and it might still come back a few years later.
Instead of shopping blindly, or rather having only the very basics in my wardrobe, I needed guidance on finding my style and how to shop for my wardrobe. Then I came across Miss Louie, a fashion blogger/ YouTuber’s channel. I like her fashion style the moment I saw her and started to pick up tips and tricks on fashion. She does videos like fashion hauls, ideas for capsule wardrobes, seasonal lookbooks and bullet journal (something I’m very into as well).
Here are some tips she shared.
- DON’T go sales crazy
- Evaluate your closet and create a wishlist before shopping to get only stuff that you really need.
“Even though it’s on sales, it doesn’t worth anything if you don’t actually need it” – Miss Louie
- Don’t buy things that DON’T FIT you
- Know your body (and style) and know what makes you feel best/ comfortable.
- Don’t buy into every trend
- Hanger test: everytime you wear a piece, put the hanger backwards, it represents the style that you are gravitate to and things that you are going to wear. It helps when you review your style.
- Get one or two pieces of trendy pieces if you do want to try out a certain trend, and see how often you’d go to those pieces. Decide if you really do like the style and how to incorporate them into your closet.
- Know your POWER COLORS
- Observe the color you tend to wear MOST OFTEN (colors that have almost never appeared in your closet probably means they aren’t your favorite colors to wear and most likely you won’t be wearing even if you have them)
- Harmonize the color scheme in your closet and allow them to mix and match better.
- Buy things that are VERSATILE
- Go for item that can be integrated into 3 or 4 different outfits or looks that you ALREADY have in your closet.
- Ask yourself if that piece can be worn in different ways.
Do check out Miss Louie on YouTube if you find the tips useful! That’s all I have for today, till them!